sarah alice-in-wonderland

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm accustomed to a smoother ride

So need to get over my poor mood. Talked to Franz. Not sure if you all know but the girl he is dating just lost her father to a tragic motorcycle accident. Definitely feel bad for Franz thinking he has to deal with that again. Can picture him in the ER w me. Talked w him tonight, and they are doing okay, considering. Am having sad feelings as I am coming up on my Dad's 2nd anniversary. Sometimes I lay in bed and think to myself, he isn't here. He isn't coming back. To actually roll it around and make it real in my thoughts is so weird. I think I learned to ignore it in a way. I remember thinking that he was just on a trip, and telling myself in some aspect that it wasn't real. And I have guilt for being at Mom's every Sunday with the whole fam, so we can have together time, because I think you ass, why didn't you do this when Dad was here. I know that your perspective changes when things happen, but I have so much guilt. I think of things I wanted, like when I used to think about marriage, I always wondered what I would dance w him to. And when I heard Paul Simon do Father and Daughter, I knew that was the one. So sorry to be so depressing! Am happy just feeling him, and not having him makes it a little hard.

6 Comments:

Blogger formingnewsights said...

dood, totally understandable.. dont feel bad about writing stuf like that. its so important to feel things and to let your self feel things.. your dad was fucking awesome! poor franz, i cant believe that...well, chin up. we love you

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. sometimes i cry real hard cuz i can't tell him what i am up to in person. but let me tell you about something that happened to me in italy last year. i will never forget it.
i was at that wedding and needed to sneak off for a smoke of course. i was standing in the dark at the edge of an olive grove trying to hide. i was thinking about where i was and how proud dad would be that i was in such an amazing place living it up. so, i looked up at the sky all happy and said, "hey dad, can you see me now?" and i shit you not, a GIANT shooting star went flying across the sky. it made me cry.
you should talk to him and feel good about feeling good. he is everywhere.
i love you.

7:30 PM  
Blogger salice said...

Good thoughts, good thoughts. I def feel him when I am outside.

7:30 AM  
Blogger formingnewsights said...

kat, that made me cry

9:09 AM  
Blogger Teneisha R. S. Jones said...

kats message made me cry to meg

11:35 AM  
Blogger salice said...

Thanks guys. It totally makes me feel better. Good to get it out of me. Refreshing......

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home