sarah alice-in-wonderland

Thursday, October 19, 2006

They are all reasons to me

Yo kids.
I wanted to quickly ask you all to consider calling your senators to ask them to cosponsor the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act (S.195). Last year alone 90,000+ horses were slaughtered (here and exported to Canada and Mexico) for human consumption! If this disgusts you please act. NH Senators #'s Senator Judd Gregg (202-224-3324) & Senator John Sununu (202-224-2841). The US House voted to end the slaughter and now it has to be passed thru the Senate. Go to HSUS for further info. I become increasingly aware of our power to help make decisions over the past year on behalf of animals, and any law to help them live better lives has my vote. I know that these things can be controversial so I urge you to view both sides, but please contribute!

LOVE

8 Comments:

Blogger cg said...

so glad you are taking a stand on this. I put the call in dates on my calander.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Sounds wierd and Personally I agree with you. but people in India think cows are sacred and we eat them or at least I do, I don't know how I'd feel if they could all vote so that I couldn't do that anymore?

6:44 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

and Ten I grew up ona small farm and never tortured any animal that we slaughtered? Maybe veal is tortured by being locked inside a tiny cage so that it cant move but other animals are allowed to roam quite a bit. At least as far as I know. They are in huge pastures all over the place here in FL.

6:47 AM  
Blogger formingnewsights said...

ya, robyn, those are private farms.. and that doesnt mean that they arent shipped to slaughter houses in the mid west.. they most likely are.. seriously, get fast food nation. u will really find out whats going on in your country.. not only that, you will find out just how disgusting the meat you eat it

8:47 AM  
Blogger Teneisha R. S. Jones said...

robyn - thats what i ment by "free range farms". Your small farm problbly gave animals room to graze or at least room to move slightly and not live in their own waste and die of infection because no one can even see that they have a cut on their leg or whatever. Your small farm is the right way.

Commercial non free range farms are soooo terrible. Honestly if you go to the Peta website or do a search you will be shocked. I have a video that i got for free at some festival and its so sad and gross ive never even watched it through.

The farms are factorys and the animals are nothing but product. Trampled, suffacated, deasesed animals who die are just written off as a product loss.

35% of baby chicks die on facotry farms because they are thrown on a conveyor belt, picked up by old ladys in hair nets and their beaks are BURNED off so they dont peck eachother to death in the cramped, crazy conditions. They die of infection, are left to rot which kills more chicks, and the carcasses are swept up like a week later, counted and written off.

when slaughtered, cows are actually put on a conveyor belt to be sliced up ALIVE. The cows on the belt do not have a view of the slaughter room. you know why? because they go crazy and honest to god scream when they see another cow being killed. so fucking sad.

9:30 AM  
Blogger formingnewsights said...

ten yer right.. i read that they are put on the conveyer, going up a hill, so they cant see,.. then electricuted to keep them still and slaughtered! oh and by the way, the conveyers are filled with saturated blood, feces, and discarded carcass'//... thats when i became a veggie

4:21 PM  
Blogger Teneisha R. S. Jones said...

i have absolutly nothing against meat eaters. Its a personal choice and i hate when people question my choice so i dont preach.

All im saying is that instead of worrying about a distant problem with one animal (just because our culture does not eat them, we should worry about problems right here that effect animals who are just as cute in my opnion.

I have nothing againt meat eaters. I have something against factory farming.

9:57 PM  
Blogger salice said...

Wow. That sparked some controversy. Yes, some of us do eat cows, and chickens, etc. but consiceously try to buy free range (not that that is all that nice considering free range in some terms mean giving a chicken enough room to turn in a circle), or organic is a step that we take in the right direction. I am concerned about these barely legal horse houses, as animals are being stolen and shipped to them, & bought under false pretenses. ANd it is fine to eat whatever people eat in whatever culture, but I don't think it is necassary for us to house these operations (3 in particular) here. I think that hunting for animals is as natural as anything. Even using guns. People forget that a quick death of a gun shot is much faster and more humane than it is to force buffalo off a clif (as native americans did). Very awesome points, and so cool that we are able to vote for animal rights (in all instances). Wahoo!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home