Sing sweet songs
Saw Dark Star Orchestra the other night. So good........... Had a hippie playing with my pigtails while I rocked back and forth to Brokedown Palace. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Brian called me the next day, and left me a message saying he figured I was in a broom closet somewhere w a hippie. Ha, ha. I will always have a weakness for them. Something about the long hair, beard, and dancing.......... Am really amped for T-Day. I love deviled eggs and they are sort of a staple at family gatherings. Kate's bday was a super blast. We had a huge sit down meal (T Day style) for the event. Am planning my trip to Puerto Rico for Feb. I have never been away form home on my b day (or ever left the country) so I am excited baout that. We rented a house in Rincon, which has some super mellow beaches and we are 30 minutes from a bioluminecent bay which is a place where there is somebacterial phenonmenon that makes the water glow when touched. They have nets around the perimeter of an area so you can swim in it. It is so amazing to see pictures of it, and I wont be too scared to be in the water because big fishies can't get in to where you are (am terrified of whales and dolphins). And I want to go horseback riding in a rainforest, or on the beach. I have been craving a good trail ride for a while now. When I grow up I will def have two horses. Kind of want to name them Charlotte and Emily (after the Bronte sisters). Okay I am just rambling now....... Love to all............

23 Comments:
ha ha funny about hippies. I kinda used to be one but now they just annoy me?
Well I get annoyed by them too, sometimes. But a night of them? I love it.
um,,, u prob shouldnt go in bacteria infested water...in fact..PLEASE dont go init
that "luminiscent" water you speak of... well my last night in san diego, my roomate Brian took me and my friend scottie to go see it! its called Bioluminescence. it's the light produced by a chemical reaction that occurs in an organism. pretty much organisms in the water bump into eachother and DANCE! It occurs at all depths in the ocean, but is most commonly observed at the surface, or near good breaks (blacks beach, peurto rico, costa rica.. etc)
Bioluminescence is the only source of light in the deep ocean where sunlight does not penetrate. Amazingly, about ninety percent of the organisms that live in the ocean have the capability to produce light. big jelly fish can activate this with a snap!
pretty freakin cool :)
its pretty magical, hope you see it! meg we watched it from the cliffs outside of 288 oceanview ave :)
i have a weakness for the beards too...
(sigh)
ya its called red tide also.. yer not supposed to go in the water during red tide, everyone gets sick..em, the summer after u left, it was red tide the whole time! sucked
yeah glowing water sounds scary to swim in, cool to see....But hey mabey in another country it has the ability to heal or something. But yeah be careful.
I am not a fan of hippies. They are the least attractive species to me. haha. I like beards...nice well kept not giant beards....like just a bit more than 5 o clock shadow type...
i very much agree with ten
No really it's okay! I have been studying it in bio lab. For realz. That clade of bacteria can cause red tide, but on it's own, it's just chillin and has a photosensitive response to touch, so it lights up. Wow, i just sounded smart by accident. aside from saying "for realz"
ha! its funny how opposite we are.. good and funny!!!
Sully I love you. To me hippie women are kinda gross. Isn't that awful? But so are people who only wear certain brands, and are dolled up too. Wow, I am a bitch! I had a margarita and a burrito w my friend Lincoln last night. It was so fun. Maybe I will start calling him Lincoln Logs.
YAh we get red tide here a lot becaus ethe gulf of mexico is like a giant bath. It's not bad for humans but it makes a lot of fish die and smells really bad. plus if you have asthma or allergies it can affect that.
i think the problem is that there are a whole lot of people who look like hippies but are stealing your money while your sleeping and shit.
In fact i think my final straw with hippies was when one of our supposed friends came traveling back into town with another hippie traveler. At dinner when we were all laying down our money to pay up, mysteriously all the money dissapeered and the two basically ran out. I ended up paying something like $100 for Chinese food. Fuck that and fuck them.
And to me, dreads are like germ sponges.
but also, i think there should be two different terms that define a hippie.
Because you have hippies that wear the corduroy patch hand made clothes and have dreads and go to festivals and all that...
and then you have hippies like me who eat organic/vegan and trys to go with natural preventative medicine and re-uses grocery bags and shit.
A lot of traveling type hippies do not stick to an organic diet or anything like that because its not convienant.
So i dunno. I just think theres a difference.
i agree.. to me, i dont feel hippish, but bekkah calls me her hippie friend, due to all the natural stuff i do.. oh, and rob, my theory is that if it can kill fish, then its not good for humans.. why would somehting kill one life form, but be ok, for humans? research, research, research...
Yah you guys aren't really hippies you're green there's a difference. Martha stuart is green but she's no hippie you know what I'm saying.
yes, good call robbie
you know, i have been trying to draw something for the quote that you gave me since you gave it to me. I just cant come up with one. Got any more?
Sara what's up??
helo?
myspace ate her... its more interactive on a larger scope. it happens. she will be back!
Sarah I tried to add you as a friend on myspace, but can't bc it says your last name isnot edes did I miss something?*!
i dint put my real name cause i dont people to find me.
seriously? still nothing?
Post a Comment
<< Home